White Balsamic Vinegar Roasted Vegetables
1 hr 50 mins
2 hrs 10 mins
- 6-8 Golden Beets
- 1-3/4 Cups Turnip cubed
- 1-3/ Cups Butternut Squash cubed
- 4 Cups Brussel Sprouts
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil divided
- 2 Tablespoons Liquid Honey or Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme Leaves
- 3/4 Teaspoon each Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Orange or Lemon Peel finely grated
- Chopped Fresh Parsley optional
- Try other vegetables such as: Mushrooms, Carrots, and Onion
Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees F.
Peel beets and cut into wedges.
Trim turnip and butternut squash, if needed, into equal-sized chunks.
Trim Brussels sprouts and halve if large.
Set aside the squash and sprouts together.
Toss beets and turnips with 1 tbsp olive oil. Scatter in a large, lightly oiled roasting pan. Roast in preheated 400F degrees oven for 30 minutes.
Whisk remaining oil with honey, balsamic vinegar, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and orange (or lemon) zest.
Add squash and sprouts to the roasting pan.
Drizzle with balsamic mixture. Stir to coat vegetables evenly.
Continue to roast, stirring twice, for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender and browned.
Sprinkle with parsley just before serving (if using).