Burrata and Strawberry Bruschetta
- 1 Baguette loaf sliced (1/4-inch slices)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon clover honey
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 3/4 cup strawberries chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- One 8-ounce ball burrata cheese chilled
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Brush the baguette slices on both sides with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Place the slices on a baking sheet and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bake for 10 minutes.
In a medium bowl, combine the vinegar, honey, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; whisk until smooth and emulsified. Add the cherry tomatoes, strawberries and basil to the dressing; mix to coat. Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
Drain the burrata and dry carefully. Using a fork, tear the burrata into small pieces. Place some burrata on each toast, being sure to get a little of the creamy center on each piece. Top with some of the tomato-strawberry mixture and drizzle with a touch of dressing.